Strategic professional who achieves unprecedented results through innovation, initiative and resourcefulness. Thrives in evolving and fast-paced circumstances with minimal direction and resources. Military leader exceeding 15 years of experience with developing, drafting and monitoring communications for training, evaluations and logistical planning with a meticulous attention to detail. Unique strengths include the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and remain organized while meeting strict deadlines. Skills developed through prior work and education include, but are not limited to:
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous trending, reporting and analytical analysis.
- Engaging design of communications while utilizing multiple platforms.
Nationwide Insurance (August, 2013 – Present)
PLPC Processor II
Processes all new business and changes to existing polices for personal lines products. Processes special transactions such as manual rating, inter-regional transfers and third party coverage verification.
- Codes and inputs assigned new business and changes (coverage’s, amendments, cancellations) to existing policies.
- Analyzes and corrects errors that result from own coding, underwriting, agents and or accounting input. Processes corrections regarding agency persistency, commissions and productivity credits.
- Co-president and organizer of team events in support of Nationwide’s Hunger Relief Campaign.
- Develop and facilitate weekly team meeting as assigned.
Iowa Army National Guard (August, 1999 – Present)
Infantry Platoon Sergeant
Rifle Platoon Sergeant in a Light Infantry Company. Responsible for the welfare, training, moral, and discipline of 41 soldiers. Primary instructor and advisor in the matters of tactics, personnel management, and junior leader development. Director of squad’s tactical employment during offensive and defensive operations. Responsible for the accountability and maintenance of all assigned equipment worth in excess of $750,000.
- Create training models while tracking improvements and building detailed proposals in order to finalize changes.
- Evaluate training material designed by direct reports prior to and following delivery.
- Facilitate 100% of squad training qualifications.
- Prepare direct reports for leadership opportunities through effective coaching.
- Unit Public Affairs Representative.
Wells Fargo Corporate (May, 2013 – July 2013)
Operations Clerk III
- Filed and organized over 800 loan documents per hour electronically.
- Audited information from the scanned form.
- Worked with mortgage loan information from a scanning system.
- Trained new hires through peer training.
Examiner, Des Moines, IA (January, 2011 – April 2013)
- Charged with coverage for over 35 events in the Des Moines area.
- Developed and maintained website where stories were published.
- Promoted large events.
Washington State University, Pullman, WA Start Date: January 12, 2015
Major: M.S. in Strategic Communication
Ashford University, Clinton, IA Graduation Date: July 7, 2014
Major: B.S. in Journalism/Mass Communications
Minor: Organizational Management
Briar Cliff University, Sioux City, IA August 2000 to May 2002
Associates in Mass Communications
Software and systems:
Microsoft Office Suite, Prezi, Web 2.0, Lotus, Surveymonkey, WordPress, Passport, AWD, yWriter5, NanoWriMo, Adobe (2014) Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, Premiere , LinkedIn, Facebook, Wiki, Twitter, HTML
- Commandant’s List at Senior Leadership Course.
- Certification as Unit Prevention Leader.
- Army Accommodation Medal for high-risk journalism in Afghanistan.
- Dusted Dreams
- Short story collection written while in Iraq during a 2007 – 2008 combat tour.
- Published globally through Amazon.
- While You Were Asleep
- Full-length novel and 2014 NanoWrimo winner.
- Currently being edited for publication through Amazon.
- A Writers Ways
- Bravo Company 1-168 Infantry Facebook Group
- Creator and administrator of page for military unit.